Monday, March 1, 2010

Thoreau's Challenge #2

I forgot to post half way through the week because stopping myself from using technology was hard. In all honesty I ended up using my cell phone 2 days into it. Once I started using my cell phone I began to use other technology mindlessly. This was a great experience for me because it opened my mind even more. I thought that I would be able to do something like this, but found out it is harder than I imagined. If I were to succeed at this challenge next time, I would put myself in a different environment. Being in a college atmosphere makes it harder to stop using technology. I think a cell phone, if you have one, is the hardest thing to give up. I constantly use mine for everything from waking up in the morning to keeping my schedule. Technology is a strong part of my life and I give props to anyone who can successfully complete this challenge.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud your efforts Kris! I think the realizations you made, were perhaps more important than finishing the project itself. Kudos to you for trying!

    ReplyDelete