Sunday, March 21, 2010

1984

The beginning of this book seems to be really boring and I am having a hard time getting into it. I have hard from others that it is a good book, so hopefully it will pick up. On page 41 of the book there is a quote that really seemed to portray what the book will be about. "Everything faded away into a shadow-world in which , finally, even the date of the year had become uncertain. Winston seems to be one of the only one that really thinks for himself. He is forced to hide this for the Thought-Police and the telescreens. It makes me think about how much we use our own personal thoughts to determine what we do and how we feel. If our generation was asked to give up our thought process it would create a very bland and uninteresting world. This book seems like it will also tie into the other topics in class.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the book was boring in the beginning but it slowly picked up. I don't know how I would react if I had to hide my thoughts all the time. I also agree that it would be a very bland world.

    ReplyDelete